Ingredients, serves 2 just add more if need for extra portions
- 300g pre cooked sausages, (Sainsbury’s 97% meat are the lowest carb sausage I’ve found) also GF. Frankfurt are also just as good and don’t need coooking.
- 400 g broccoli, in florets
- 400g cauliflower, in florets
- 200g grated extra mature cheddar cheese
- 50ml double cream
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Pinch of garlic granules
- Pinch of dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180c
- start par billing broccoli and cauliflower until just tender.
- Add double cream, chilli flakes, garlic granules, herbs, salt and pepper to baking dish and mix well.
- grate a little cheese to sit on top of the cream (this mixes into the sauce)
- start cutting your sausages up and lay a few pieces onto the cheese and cream.
- Once broccoli and cauliflower are par boiled and drained, start layering up in your baking dish.
- Finsh off by grating your cheese on top and place in the oven for 15 mins or until you have the desired texture on top.
12g Carbs per serving 30g protein
Recipe from Kieron mcCarroll