Bacon and Leek Quiche From Diabetic Good Baking.com
- 270 g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 180C/356F. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well together. Form a ball from dough and refrigerate for about 20 min. Press evenly into 23 cm wide loose bottomed tart tin, pierce with fork and bake for about 15 minutes until very slightly browned.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g/51/2oz smoked bacon lardons
- 500g/17 1/2 oz leeks, wasked and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml/7 fl oz double cream
- 50g/13/4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Bake the quiche base from this recipe. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/325F/Gas 3
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the bacon lardons and fry gently for 5-6 minutes until golden-brown. Add the leeks to the pan and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelise. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the leek mixture over the bottom of the pastry case.
- Mix the eggs, cream and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into the pastry case and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Leave to cool for a few minutes then cut into wedges and serve.